Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

My name story.





My Name Story

Hi my name is Edwina F. My name was chosen on my dad’s side. I am named after my dad’s sister called Edwina. I asked my mum what my name means and she said it's a very nice seed that grows along the beach and the Tongan people use the seeds to make the Tongan oil. I was very lucky that I wasn’t going to be named after anyone because I really like my name a lot.

My name had to be called Edwina because my dad’s sister wasn’t named after anyone.  My sister Candice is named after my dad’s Aunty, my sister Angelica is named after my mum’s mum and Voni is named after my grandpa. I asked my mum why is Anglica named after her mum and she said because she named her. I am very excited because I have a great name and I really love it very, very, very much.  

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely name Edwina! I love the way you have written this. There is obviously a lot of aroha in your family. My sister Debbie was named after a doll! She was born 3 weeks early which was a big suprise to everyone. My Mum and dad hasn't chosen a name for her and that morning my Mum got a letter from my cousin that said 'If you have a girl could you call her Debbie after my favourite doll?" So my MUm and Dad called her Debbie!

    One of my Dad's name is William and it has been in our family since the 1600s! I love hearing how people got their precious names!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.