Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2014

❤ Our Fabulous Auckland Zoo Trip ❤


Yahoo! It’s time to learn about native animals, birds and trees. On Friday 4th of April, 2014, the senior classes of Glenbrae School, room 7, 9, 10 were very euphoric to go to the Auckland Zoo. When we arrived there by bus, we met 3 amazing instructors. The instructors walked us down to the bottom to a fale. It was very noisy near the fale because the birds were making loud noise. They introduced themselves to us. Their names were Laura, Richard and John. Laura explained to us about the 3 activities we will be doing with each and every one of them, one by one.


It was time to start. John was our first instructor. He told us heaps of information about the slithery lizards. It was really interesting to me because it was my first time hearing and learning about lizards. Next was the Kea. We had to be very silent and still because if we don’t, then they will fly across to you and munch, munch, munch on you finger or anything else. I was really scared because one of the Keas flew towards me. It was time to swap to our next instructor and activity.

Our second instructor was Laura. Laura took us to the native bird area. There were birds that were very cute and noisy because they were fighting and playing around. I looked around with fascination and spotted some of New Zealand’s famous trees and plants. I spotted the kawakawa and the nikau tree. We came to an entrance of stairs going to the top of some kind of balcony or something. I stood there listening with my ears wide open to all the information Laura was explaining to us.

Time to go to the last instroductor! It was Richard. Richard explain to us about the eels (tuna). From everything that Richard has taught us, I learnt that for eels to lay their eggs, they swim aaaaa alllllll the way to the Tongan ocean and lay their eggs in a comfortable spot for the eggs to hatch, and then the mother eel swim aaaaaalllll the way back to its home and live with its own parents.

After that, it was time to have morning tea. Everyone was hungry. During morning tea, everyone was chatting and chatting with their mates. Morning tea was over. This was my favorite part, exploring the Auckland Zoo. My group wanted to visit heaps of other animals. I was so enthusiastic to see other animals because there were some animals that we haven’t seen, yet. My favourite part was when I saw the seal the zoo keeper feeding the seal and telling it what to do.

Finally it was time to go back to school. I stood with a frown. Mrs Parker, my teacher, said to us it’s time to get into the bus. When we drove back, everyone fell asleep. I thought that was the most TEDIOUS day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice recount Edwina! Like your fancy words and your hearts(: ❤

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.