Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Our Awesome Softball Session


Yahoo! What a bright sunny day it is to start the day! This morning we had the second softball session with two sporty instructors. I felt excited because I love playing softball because it keeps me fit. We started of with a warm up game called Octopus.  While we were playing, it started  raining and it was so horrible after a few minutes because it just began to rain hard. Then it went back to being a sunshiny morning

Next we had to start practicing our brand new skills. We had to find a partner to work with. The skills that we did were rolling, throwing and catching with a glove. When my partner threw the ball towards me it looked like the ball was going to hit me but, luckily I caught it with ball. At the same time the wind was blowing the ball against me very fast like a cheetah chasing a bird. The ball was flying like a famous superhero coming to save me from falling of a high building. I was  as sweaty as Valerie Adams participating in the shot put sports for the Olympics.

Our last skill was called throwing. Then it was time for us to have a competition involving the whole classroom. Nick told us that if we catch the ball we can only take one step back but, if we don’t catch the ball we just stand in the same place. My partner and I was shaking like a leaf  getting blown from side to side from the wind because we might fail by throwing the ball to each other and we might not be able to catch it.

Finally it was over. I had a fantastic time learning skills based on softball. Gemima and I can’t wait until the next session of softball. I enjoyed my time and so did my partner Gemima.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.